SWING Software Releases DocPublisher for IBM Lotus Domino
New software for the IBM Lotus Domino platform empowers organizations to easily publish and manage policy manuals, standard operating procedures, and other documentation online.
February 7, 2005 – SWING Software today announced the release of SWING DocPublisher, content publishing software for IBM Lotus Domino. SWING DocPublisher simplifies publishing of Office documents to corporate intranets and websites. It enables business users to distribute and maintain internal documentation, such as policies and procedures manuals, training materials, and knowledge bases.
“In about ten minutes, non-technical professionals can become productive with SWING DocPublisher. Document authors can use Microsoft Word, so no knowledge of HTML is required to publish to the web,” said David Jakelic, CEO of SWING Software. “Other users need only a web browser to be able to read, search, and navigate through published documentation in a familiar way: just like with e-Books or Windows Help. This assures quick adoption throughout an organization.”
SWING DocPublisher is an out-of-the box solution which does not require training and implementation costs. It leverages existing MS Word documents, publishes them as web content, and retains them in the original format for effortless updating. Examples of its usage include:
- At departmental level – Training materials, best practices, call center scripts, project documentation, safety manuals.
- Company wide – Standard operating policies and procedures (SOP), business continuity and disaster recovery plans, employee handbooks, job descriptions, quality manuals.
- On the Internet – Document libraries that are available to partners and customers, such as product specifications, frequently asked questions and knowledge bases.
The key features and benefits include:
- Online document library for MS Word documents. Library features include version control, user permissions, document locking, convenient in-place draft editing, review and approval.
- Instant online publishing. Automatically converts Word documents to browser-viewable content.
- Enables non-technical users to publish and update information online.
- Easy book-style navigation and search through online documentation.
- Enforces document consistency by using document templates.
- Online documentation can include additional files (e.g. video, sound, spreadsheets) in their native formats.
- Email notifications, periodic reviews and document expiration are features which ensure that the documentation is easily distributed and is always current.
- Collects users’ feedback so the organization can continuously improve its policies and procedures.
Pricing and Availability
SWING DocPublisher is available today directly from www.swingsoftware.com and from SWING Software’s authorized resellers. Pricing starts at $995 for one server and one publisher license, which includes an unlimited number of readers. License packs and volume discounts are also available.
About SWING Software
SWING Software develops and markets award-winning software for collaborative document management. Its market leading products for IBM Lotus Notes/Domino and Microsoft Office systems are helping companies across sixty countries worldwide make their document production, publishing and distribution processes more efficient. For more information, visit http://swingsoftware.com.