SWING DocPublisher Lets You Turn Documentation into Web Content
The new release of SWING DocPublisher – agile content management software – helps organizations publish and maintain internal documentation, such as policies and procedures, product specifications and knowledge bases.
December 7, 2005 – SWING Software today announced the availability of SWING DocPublisher 2 – agile content management software for IBM Lotus Domino. The new release improves the way companies organize, distribute and maintain their documentation online.
SWING DocPublisher targets companies that are standardized on Microsoft Office and Lotus Domino. Unlike traditional document libraries, DocPublisher automatically converts Word documents into web content, so no additional skills are required to publish to corporate intranets and websites. Original Word documents are retained for future updates.
“There are many companies that are faced with a dilemma: Office document libraries or pure web content. Now they can have both,” said David Jakelic, CEO of SWING Software. “We believe that SWING DocPublisher will change the way key documentation is published company-wide.”
SWING DocPublisher provides a secure, permissions-based access to documents, convenient in-place draft editing, and version control capabilities. It controls the entire document life cycle: creation, review, approval, publishing, notifications, expirations, archiving, new revisions, and user feedback.
Once the documents are published in a browser-readable format, end users can easily find needed information using only web browsers on any platform. They navigate through the DocPublisher’s library in a familiar way: with an Explorer-like table of contents, search, and cross-referenced topics.
The key new features include:
- Custom categories and properties (metadata), plus custom views. This provides means of classifying and browsing documents in the library according to taxonomies that differ from the one implied by the folder structure.
- Outline promotion. When a Word document is being published, its outline view can be promoted to the navigation frame for easier navigation throughout the document.
- Property promotion. Data exchange between Word document properties and DocPublisher document properties.
- Workflow routing, including email notifications in the edit/review/approval process.
- Document history with audit trail.
- RSS-based subscription to new or updated documents.
- Separate headers/footers for display and print.
- Bulk export. Companies can easily export the entire or any part of their DocPublisher libraries to disk, making the transition from DocPublisher to any other system as easy as possible. As a result, the risk of product lock-in has been removed.
- Usability improvements (Ajax-based).
Pricing and Availability
SWING DocPublisher 2 is available today directly from www.swingsoftware.com and from SWING Software’s authorized resellers. Pricing starts at $995 for one server and one publisher license, which includes an unlimited number of readers. License packs and volume discounts are also available.
About SWING Software
SWING Software develops and markets award-winning software for collaborative document management. Its market leading products for IBM Lotus Notes/Domino and Microsoft Office systems are helping companies across sixty countries worldwide make their document production, publishing and distribution processes more efficient.