Exporting Content from Lotus Notes with SWING PDF Converter 4.0
SWING PDF Converter is a premier tool for extracting content from Lotus Notes. In its newest version, it brings features for structured export of Lotus Notes emails and other types of documents.
March 26, 2012
SWING Software announces today the release of SWING PDF Converter 4.0 for Lotus Notes – a software tool for Notes email and document archiving, sharing and web printing.
Batch export, archiving, capturing of emails as business records, document sharing with non-Notes users – all these tasks can be vastly improved with SWING PDF Converter. It allows companies to:
- Convert multiple Notes emails/documents to individual PDF files or a single PDF package
- Save file attachments in PDF
- Save money on printing: reduce reliance on paper when sharing documents outside of Lotus Notes
- Create compact, searchable email archives with a built-in view, all in a single PDF file
The latest version adds the following capabilities:
- Export from Notes view to a PDF file while preserving the structure of categories, folders and document levels by using PDF bookmarks as a navigational outline
- Export from Notes to the file system with automatic creation of folder structure (corresponding to Notes view or folder structure)
- Export of attachments outside of PDF
- Support of document links within the resulting PDF
- Advanced logging for batch exports
- Other improvements
Numerous other conveniences are provided such as meta-data export to PDF, custom headers/footers in PDF, PDF/A support, smart “fit to page” function for adjusting the size of oversize images and tables etc.
SWING PDF Converter does not require client installations as it is not a virtual printer driver. It can be installed as a standard Notes application on a Domino server.
Application developers can use the product’s LotusScript API or Java API by including the product libraries in their Notes/Domino applications. They can choose to run the conversion either on the Notes client or on the Domino server.
Domino web developers may want to automatically produce invoices, purchase orders, certificates, HR forms, and other printable documents – directly from their web applications. They can do that by using familiar Domino Designer for creating a printable document layout. Then, they simply invoke a PDF Converter function to use the newly created layout for PDF rendition.
More information and a product trial:
About SWING Software
SWING Software develops and markets award-winning software for collaborative document management. Its market leading products for IBM Lotus Notes/Domino and Microsoft Office systems are helping companies across 60 countries worldwide make their document production, publishing and distribution processes more efficient.